Dave
Dave, Mobile Electronics Install Tech
Experience:  Professional car audio, video, navigation, security & custom fabrication since 1999. MECP
1072914

1993 Subaru Legacy: the dome light..stereo..put another

Customer Question

The clock/radio settings reset every time I turn the car off, and the dome light, and the reading lights don't work... this started happending after i was messing around w/ the stereo (trying to put another one in, etc... . ) I have everything the way I 'thought' it went back together.. . 1993 Subaru Legacy. Helppp!
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave replied 10 years ago.

Keep checking fuses, one is blown.

Make sure you check all of them in the car & under the hood, regardless of the label. The radio memory wire is commonly fused together with the dome light, cig lighter, etc.

The fact that your radio works without constant power tells me that you don't have it wired right. It sounds like you have the red & yellow from the deck wired together to switched power. You'll need to fix this before the deck will keep memory. The yellow wire from the deck needs to be wired to constant power.

Let me know if you need anything else.

-Dave