Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2003 Chevy Malibu: wont start in cold weather

Customer Question

My 2003 Chevy Malibu won't start in cold weather. All during the summer months, it's fine. It doesn't turn over at all. I had a mechanic check everything and he stated it may be related to the PCM and referred me to the dealer?? Is this something only the dealer can fix?? If so, how much would a repair like this cost??

Optional Information:
2003 Chevrolet malibu

Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 10 years ago.
I would check the fuel pressure regulator. It is round, about a quater size and has a vaccum line going to it. If the regulator is leaking gas than it can cause this problem. Pull off the vaccum line that goes to the regulator. Be absolutly sure there is no gas in the vaccum line. If there is, the diaphram has ruptered and there is gas entering the engine that is not accounted for and the regulator will need to be replaced!