john
john, Auto, ATV, Sleds, Bikes, Tractors
Experience:  26 years of mechanics experience

How do I replace the fuel filter in my 2000 Chevy Blazer

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  john replied 8 years ago.

Filter is located inside the frame rail of your vehicle.

In-Line Fuel Filter Replacement

Removal Procedure
Tool Required

J 34730-1A Fuel Pressure Gauge

Important

Inspect the fuel tank internally and clean the fuel tank if you find a restricted fuel filter. Refer to Fuel System Cleaning .

Click here for detailed picture of above image.

Caution

Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure .
  3. Clean all the fuel filter connections and the surrounding areas before disconnecting the fuel pipes in order to avoid possible contamination of the fuel system.
  4. Disconnect the quick connect fitting (3) from the fuel filter outlet. Refer to Quick Connect Fitting(s) Service (Plastic Collar) .
  5. Disconnect the threaded fitting from the fuel filter inlet.

6. Remove the fuel filter bracket bolt.
  7. Disconnect the fuel pipes from the fuel filter bracket.

8. Remove the fuel filter from the bracket.
  9. Inspect the fuel pipe O-ring for cuts, nicks, swelling, or distortion. Replace the O-ring if necessary.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the fuel filter to the bracket.

2. Connect the fuel pipes to the fuel filter bracket.
  3. Install the fuel filter bracket bolt.

4. Connect the threaded fitting to the fuel filter inlet.
  5. Connect the quick connect fitting (3) to the fuel filter outlet. Refer to Quick Connect Fitting(s) Service (Plastic Collar) .
  6. Tighten the fuel filler cap.
  7. Inspect for leaks.

1. Turn ON the ignition for 2 seconds.
    2. Turn OFF the ignition for 10 seconds.
    3. Turn ON the ignition.
    4. Inspect for fuel leaks.

john, Auto, ATV, Sleds, Bikes, Tractors
Experience: 26 years of mechanics experience
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Exceptional response. However, the link for Fuel Pressure Relief Procedure would not connect.