Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

1993 ford taurus: jI need to remove heater fan and motor

Customer Question

jI need to remove heater fan and motor from 1993 ford taurus. were is it located and how do you remove it
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 8 years ago.
This is an easy job to do so be happy.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Open the glove compartment door, release the door retainers and lower the door.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 1: Release the glove compartment door retainers, then lower the door

1. Remove the screw attaching the recirculation duct support bracket to the instrument panel cowl.

2. Remove the vacuum connection to the recirculation door vacuum motor. Remove the screws attaching the recirculation duct to the heater assembly.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 2: Remove the screws attaching the recirculation duct to the heater assembly, then remove the duct

1. Remove the recirculation duct from the heater assembly, lowering the duct from between the instrument panel and the heater case.

2. Disconnect the blower motor electrical lead. Remove the blower motor wheel clip and remove the blower motor wheel.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 3: Remove the blower motor wheel clip

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 4: Remove the blower motor wheel

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 5: Disengage the electrical connector

1. Remove the blower motor mounting plate screws and remove the blower motor from the evaporator case.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 6: Remove the blower motor retaining screws

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 7: Remove the blower motor assembly from the vehicle

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 8: Exploded view of a blower motor and wheel assembly-1995 vehicle shown

To install:

1. Feed the blower motor electrical connector through the evaporator housing.

2. Position the blower motor into the evaporator housing. Install the retaining screws, making sure the mounting seal is in place.

3. Assembly to blower motor to the shaft aligning the flat on the shaft with the flat on the inside diameter of the blower wheel hub. Slide the blower motor wheel onto the blower motor shaft until the wheel is fully seated.

4. Install a new blower motor retainer on the blower shaft to retain the blower motor wheel.

5. Connect the blower motor electrical lead to the wiring harness.

6. Install the recirculation duct using the retaining screws.

7. Install the glove compartment door to its original closed position, then connect the negative battery cable.