Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

1994 buick park avenue: fuel injectors..pulse..the ecm ,crank sensor

i have a 1994 buick park avenue fuel injectors will not
pulse getting fire at injectors but will not pulse i
change the ecm also car quit firing

Optional Information: 1993 Buick park avenue 3800
Already Tried:
replace the ecm ,crank
sensor,check grounds
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 9 years ago.
Do you have 12 volts at the injectors with the key on?If so does a noid light flash when you crank the engine?Does a spark tester produce a spark on more than one wire while cranking?Do you have fuel pressure?Does the check engine light come on when you turn the key to the run position?Where are the grounds you checked?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
yes 12volts at the injectors, noid light does
not flash when the car is crank over no spark
while cranking yes i have 35psi of fuel pressure
yes the check engine light come on when i turn
the key to run computer have a code 12 and 59
stored in it i checked the ground on the intake
Expert:  Davo replied 9 years ago.
The ignition system grounds are located below the coil bracket.You don't need to remove the coils to check them so look there first.Did you have spark at some point your description makes it sound like you did?Make sure you didn't bend any pins at the crank sensor and that it didn't hit the vanes on the harmonic balancer and break it when you cranked it over.Some years needed to be adjusted to avoid breakage.Also try unplugging the cam sensor it can short and pull the reference voltage low and cause the crank sensor to not operate properly.Let me know what you find.Are you using new or junkyard parts?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
would that cam sensor cause the injector noid
light not to flash
Expert:  Davo replied 9 years ago.
It can do that yes.I need you to answer my questions if you wish to make headway on this problem.I need info to help you and you need to provide it to me because you are at the car not me.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i am using new parts put a new ignition module
new crank sensor and ecm didn,t bend any pins
and made sure harmonic blancer didn,t hit
the crank sensor unpluged cam sensor check it
and check the wires
Expert:  Davo replied 9 years ago.
You must have a bad wire some where in the engine harness or between the engine and ecm.You are going to have to do pin point testing of the wiring.Here is a wiring diagram to follow to find the shorted or broken wire.Pay close attention to the wiring between the crank sensor and the ignition module.
Davo, Master technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician