autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ Advance Engine Performance
157591

1996 TAURUS STARTER RELAY WHERES IT LOCATED hAVE ...

Customer Question

1996 TAURUS STARTER RELAY?? WHERE'S IT LOCATED??? hAVE THE WHITE/PINK WIRE HANGING HAVE & STARTER'S GETTING NO POWER????

Optional Information: 1996 Ford Taurus 3.0
Already Tried:
Had the heads redone & mechanic left town on me. Need diagram/picture showing me starter relay/part #/where it's located to put wire back on.
Category: Car
Expert:  autodoc_2000 replied 11 years ago.

There is no relay in the circuit. The white/ pink wire comes from the transmission range sensor to the starter solenoid. Try sterting the vehicle while moving the shifter around. This year taurus has had range sensor problems for years. If you still cant get it to start check the red/light blue wire at the range sensor. The sensor is located on top of the transmission below the master cylinder. Here is a diagram.