Brian W.
Brian W., Master Auto Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Gold Certified Technician
358821

[2001 Dodge durango] 2001 Dodge Durango. Fault code P0455. Found the hose ...

2001 Dodge Durango. Fault code = P0455. Found the hose from the back (assume fuel tank) and hose to manifold. they meet at a valve of some sort (wires) in the front. I don't see any canister. what am I missing? Is my leak somewhere in this area or am I way off here?
Category: Car
Expert:  Brian W. replied 11 years ago.
P0455 is a large Evap. leak remove gas cap and inspect for a trace of rust inside. If that is ok you must inspect all evap hoses completely for cracks mostly at service port w/green cap. If your ispection is inconclusive, you could have a internal leak for example a duty cycle purge solinoid, which can be tested with a manual vaccum pump to verify solinoid holds vaccum.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: gas cap looks okay. hoses look okay, but a little cracked on ends. hose is cheap; should I just replace it all? should I go ahead and replace the gas cap as well? and if that fixes it, how long until the error code "resets"? And thanks for all your help.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
gas cap looks okay. hoses look okay, but a little cracked on ends. hose is cheap; should I just replace it all? should I go ahead and replace the gas cap as well? and if that fixes it, how long until the error code "resets"? And thanks for all your help.