Hammer Time
Hammer Time, L1 Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Mastertech with Adv level Engine performance cert.
201885

Sparkplugs..I put on the new set of plug wires it runs rough..cap

Customer Question

Two weekends ago I put in a new set of sparkplugs, this last weekend I put on a new set of plug wires, and after I put on the new set of plug wires it runs rough. I checked the firing order and made sure that they are in the right order around the distibuter cap.
Category: Car
Expert:  Hammer Time replied 11 years ago.
You probably have the firing order wrong. Give me the year, make, model and engine size and I'll get you a diagram.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Hammer Time's Post: It is a 1994 GMC Suburban with a 454 v8. I followed the firing order from the one cast on the manifold and took each wire off and replaced it with the new one, one at a time

Here it is so you can double check anyway. Check for any plugs that could be cracked from dropping them or any wires that may be broken, burned or not inserted all the way. Check the inside of the cap for any carbon tracks that could be cracks also.

1994 GMC C 2500 Suburban 2WD
7.4 liter V-8 VIN "N"

Hammer Time, L1 Master Technician
Experience: ASE Mastertech with Adv level Engine performance cert.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I checked to make sure that all the plug wires are all of the way on and in the right firing order on the cap. The plugs are not cracked, and the plug wires are not burned
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I went and bought a new cap and rotor, and checked the firing order around the cap, it still runs rough, it didn't run this way before I changed the plug wires, they are a new set of wires.
Someone's going to have to do some diagnostics and first, determine which cylinder/s is causing the problem and then recheck everything you did. You could have broken one of the wires internally, cracked a plug with the socket or maybe it's not even related to what you did. Once you know which cylinder, then start testing for what's lacking in that cylinder.