Hammer Time
Hammer Time, L1 Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Mastertech with Adv level Engine performance cert.
201885

display shows max a/c when i push the button on the left.

Customer Question

My a/c will not turn on.
The display shows max a/c when i push the button on the left. It also shows the temp on auto.
I can not tell if the compressor is running or not. the blower stoped working. and it will not run on heat or A/C.
Category: Car
Expert:  Hammer Time replied 11 years ago.
The first thing you need to do is resolve the blower issue. That may be the only problem. They use a module to control the blower speed. It's usually the module or the motor that's bad. With the blower turned on, check the motor for power and ground. If you have no power, check the fuses first. If all that's good, it's likely a bad blower module.
Expert:  Joe Barcus replied 11 years ago.
check your hvac fuse first thing, I hate those lincoln & cadilac automatic controls seems they have a mind of there own. I am swinging toward the blower module as well. as far as the compressor goes you should hear it come in by a click noise if you or someone is out by the motor or watch the compressor see if the clutch kicks in. but if you are having blower trouble chances are th computer locked the compressor out. if you would had said you had no air but heat I would had said you were low in freon and the computer locked the compressor out but being you have neither. its the blower motor, module, or fuse.
I have posted your answer for you. Once you pay the initial deposit, you will be able to read it. Once you've read the answer, please click on the accept button for my answer, not any subsequent answers with the same info. I will be glad to follow up with any further questions you may have on this issue.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I can not find the moudle or the fan motor.
Please give me help to find them.

Thank you for your answerCustomer
They are both under the dash on the passenger side. They should be very cllose together on the A/C unit.