DCM
DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs Mechanic
157834

2005 chevy: 4x4 , Crew Cab , Diesel..major aftermarket..torque..Rough

Customer Question

What is a better lift all the way arond, not including a dollar amount for a 2005 Chevy 2500HD, 4x4, Crew Cab, Diesel with major aftermarket done for increased torque and horse power?
RCD
Rancho
Tuff Country
Rough Country
Fabtech
PRO Comp
Skyjacker
Superlift
CST
Category: Car
Expert:  DCM replied 11 years ago.
The Rancho is what I will recomend you, I've install them in couple of my customers and they are happy with it, The RCD and Super Lift I wont recomend, the others on your list, not sure about it.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to DCM's Post: why would you not reccomend the rcd lift kit?
Expert:  DCM replied 11 years ago.
Because the RCD gives you a good ride, but not good in heavy load. For instance, RCD will give you nice and confy ride, but once the bed is loaded with 1,500.00lbs, the bed will go down and the front stays, so basicaly the truck will be pointing up and that is bad for your traction, now the Rancho suspension is very good in off road and heavy load, they design they make the bed lift stronger than the fron, I'm not sure how they do it but it's engeneered measure, when you put load @ the bed the front suspension will move gradualy depending on truck weight load, not like the RCD, the strength of the bed suspension is almost same strength with the front so when you put a heavy load on the bed the front suspension don't follow because the weight is all @ the bed.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to DCM's Post: If the RCD and Rancho lift both use blocks for lifting the rear, then why wuold one lift differ from the other? Does the Rancho lift use an add a leaf/spring in the rear instaed of a block?
Expert:  DCM replied 11 years ago.
The lift kit includes the front, the disign of the RCD and rancho are differnt, now if you just want to lift the bed of the truck, just get the lift block @ auto zone,
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to DCM's Post: I want to lift my truck, front and back. You said that the Rancho lift was better due to weight loaded in the rear of the truck, that the RCD lift didn't adjust in the front like the Rancho adjusted in the front due to a load of 1500lb.. My question to that statment was: Does the Rancho lift use an add a leaf verses a block to lift the rear? How does the Rancho adjust more properly than the RCD if they both use a block for the lift in the rear of the truck?
Expert:  DCM replied 11 years ago.
Yes! Rancho lift kits includes the leaft kit support, the way they design their lift kit is, a little softer in the fron for even compression on weight load.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to DCM's Post: Are you sure that Rancho comes with sprigs?
I think they come with blocks from what I' ve been told? Or, do you know how to go about getting the springs verses the blocks?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Ok, now what?