Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

chrysler concorde: rod bearing..2.7 engine..engine keeps..knocking

Hello my number 2 connecting rod bearing on my chysler concorde 2.7 engine keeps failing, I tried to put a standard dize but within 30 minutes on idle she would start knocking, can you tell me what I am doing wrong ,is it the wrong size? thank you
You most likely have a crankshaft of connecting rod problem.If you want to try again buy some plastic gauge at an auto parts and follow the instructions inside.It will let you calculate the proper size bearing.If there are grooves in the crankshaft or burrs from the bearing spinning or the bearing has spun in the connecting rod don't bother using the plastic gauge.You will need a crankshaft if its damaged and a connecting rod if the bearing has spun.If this helps please click on my accept button.If it has helped alot you may add a bonus if you wish.
Davo, Master technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: hello , ok, this is what happen,I just got back from overseas,to find out my car was wreck in a car accident, I then went online and found the same car, when I turned on the car it souned great ,I drove it to a oil change shop and that is when they told me lucas was in side , a knockiing noise came after, but only when you go past 50, I then drop the oil pan and found the number 2 loose, I replaced it and it ran fine for 30 miles and then it quit, when I took the bearing out ,i did notice it spun, I cleaned the journal and put a new one back, i then turned it on never reving it and in 29 minutes she started knocking now in idle , very low but I can hear it, I have been fooled by the buyer for $3,500 , I just wanted the car sound good so I can try to trade it in for a better car, I do not have any extra money to do a complete shop rebuild, if you have any way to help me I would be thankful,I would give you more money if I could but I am not working yet,since I got hurt in Iraq, thank you so I can try to give you what I can
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: just wondering if you got the reply
Yes I did and the question was closed so I sent you a pm.So check your mailbox on here.Look in your private messages or your personal email you used to register at Just Answer for a notice and link to your pm box.