DCM
DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs Mechanic
157834

1995 Toyota Celica: air-conditioning..glove compartment..a climate

I have a 1995 Toyota Celica, I have a mouse who doesn't believe I deserved air-conditioning he has twice chewed through the wires behind the glove compartment. I have repaired them twice, and I am currently chasing his most recent picnic area. In the meantime I live in a climate where I always want the air-conditioning on, and have little need for a heater, and can find no reason to turn off the air conditioning. I understand I should hire an exterminator and a qualified mechanic, I'm writing to you instead. My question is how can I safely hotwire the air-conditioning to be stuck on instead of off?
pull out the climate control panel, look behind the A/C switch right behind that botton there should be two wires connected to it, just connect them both and your A/C will be onn all the time.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to DCM's Post: It I will try this first thing in the morning however keep in mind that my problem is not the switch itself but that the wires behind the glove compartment between the switch in the air conditioner have been chewed through.
I repaired them with butt connectors once before, six wires, and the switch worked perfectly well for two months until I again found mouse droppings and chewed up wires on the passenger side carpet.
I would love to continue your perfect record, and more importantly have air-conditioning once again. Please respond and thank you for taking the time.
if that is the case then the best way to by pass everything is to get the power supply wire direct to the a/c pump and then find a 12 volts supply from the fuse box that will go on and off when you switch your ignition key. Then from the wires that is been mest-up under the dash board just find the one that will by pass the fan and you should have your a/c on when the engine is on.
DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 18 yrs Mechanic
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to DCM's Post: I believe the second answer was the answer I was looking for, I have very limited skills and I may never pull it off but your answer is well worth the payment just the same.
I may write back after I looked at the air conditioner.
Thank you