autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ Advance Engine Performance
157591

85 Thunderbird: V6..diagran (wiring)..engine control Module..relay

Customer Question

I have been talking to experts for days about 3.8L V6 85 Thunderbird. ONE expert gave me a diagran (wiring) of the engine control Module and the EEC Power relay no one in thes area can shodw me what the EEc looks like and where I can find it can some one furnish me some pictures so I can fix this Problem, Desperate!!
Category: Car
Expert:  autodoc_2000 replied 11 years ago.

It appears to be on the passenger side behind the glove box. If it is still original from Ford it will be Brown. The fuel pump relay should also be in this area and it will be green.

autodoc_2000, Auto Service Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech w/ Advance Engine Performance
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to autodoc_2000's Post: thanks for the picture of the EEC power relay, now I have two wires tonnected to the starter relay one is BLk/yellow wire (large) with a female line plug black and a smaller BRN/org wire with a grey line plug on the end, Where do i connect these plugs and get the injectors to working?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I am still on the 85 Tbird with injectors that will not spray, there is also a green wire coming from the EEE that has a inline fuse the end is bare, confused
I do not have repair info here at home you will have to wait until tommorow. I have no idea what you have done or what you are trying to do besides get the injectors to fire. Can you give me more info?
autodoc_2000, Auto Service Technician
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to autodoc_2000's Post: I am only trying to get the injectors to spray on the 85 Ford T-bird 3.8L v6 the wires i referred to in the last question I think is linked to the injector problem. I have a large brn.org going out from the starter relay and also a smaller brn/org wire with a grey femaile plug, also a green one fromthe wiring harness from EEC control relay with no end but an inline fuse.I don't know any other way to explain it if you don't understand what i'm talking about neither do I. Tlhanks
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

In line fuse? thats not standard equipment. Do you mean a fusable link?? If so is it hot or dead?
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

Stop Closing the post so everybody can Keep track of what you are talking about

Will repost wire diagram from previous post so everyone is on same page.

Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I can't find the ECM where the brn/org wire starts. It comes out and splits 3 ways one th the battery one to the ignition and back to the EEC power relay. My problem seems to be at the point where the brn/org splits and goes 3 ways. the wire comes out from the no l port and then connects at the starter relay where it splits into a lrg brn/org wire that is about 18 inches long with a female line plug on the end with no place to plug it the one that is on the other end is a smaller brn/org wire with a grey inline female plug. confused
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Marc's Post: the wire that goes to the eec power relay is connected it goes out through the firewallI find it when it comes back to the starter relay switch there on the relay the brn/org wire then splits two ways one large brn/org wire goes back toward the firewall and has a black female line plug on it tere is no place to plug it. the other one going towards the front is small and has a grey inline plug with no place to connect it. That is the best way I can describe the problem.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Marc's Post: The inline fuse probably is a fuse able link and bothe are hot.