Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

87 camaro: module, the ignition coil..mass air flow..2.8 liter v 6

Customer Question

i have a 87 camaro that will not start. it turns over but will not start, i have replaced the ignition pick up coil, the module, the ignition coil,the dist cap, check battery and starter, i replaced the mass air flow sensor and the throttle postion sensor, 2.8 liter v 6, muti port injection please help!
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 11 years ago.
To bea ble to diagnose the cause of the no start, you will need to do some testing... what tools and test equipment do you have available to use?
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
You will need to find out if you are missing spark,fuel pressure(with a gauge) or injector pulse(noid light).When you know which you are missing we can proceed.If you don't understand how to check these items let me know.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
i dont get a spark at the end of the wires. i tested it by putting screw driver in and got no spark.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
When you turn the key on does the check engine light come on?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
yes it blinks once then stays on.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
could it be the ecm?
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
Do you have a voltmeter and testlight?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
i have voltmeter.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
See if you have 12 volts at the pink wire going to the coil and the distributor.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
dont see pink wire coming from either
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
there is a pinkish and black wire going into the coil but that is a brand new coil.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
I will look at a wiring diagram at work today to see if I can find the correct wire color.The diagram I have at home may be wrong.Either way there should be a wire of the same color that goes to the distributor and the coil and it needs 12 volts.