Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Ford Thunderbird: V6..wiring diagram..inline connector..wiring harness

Customer Question

On 6/8 I asked why my injectors will not spray on my cfi 85 3.8L V6 Ford Thunderbird, Tech 501 sent a wiring diagram, while checking i found problems (1)a single wire from the ignition module with inline connector back through wiring harness would not read, (2) while testing fire to the injectors the brown wireGRD was hot This should not be What do i need to do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
What color is the single wire?The injectors have a common red power wire from the eec power relay.The other injector wires are tan/orange or tan/red.Which one had power or did both?Did you have power on them with the injectors unplugged?If you did unplug the pcm connector according to the diagram and test it again.Then check to see if you have power on the ground wire while cranking the engine.Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: cant remember color of wire the injectors had power on red the grd is tan/orange i had power on them with inj unpluged. My car is garaged 25 miles away I will have to get back Monday. MY other mechanic hot wired the tan to battery to check and the injectors sprayed lot of fuel on the tan wire the common red wire will not cause injectors to spray.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
If you wish me to help I need answers to my questions.I do not need you to ask me any I know your car won't start because the injectors won't spray.I don't need to hear any Mickey Mouse testing your other mechanic did.I do need you to follow my advice to the letter and do the testing as I state.No other way is an option.Its a shame the car is so far away but the testing steps may be many and require a few trips if you choose not to have it towed home.If you feel you can follow my advice without telling me your ideas and give me correct information from the tests I tell you to do,your car will be running when we are done here.Providing you accept my diagnosis and implement the repairs I suggest.While I'm here do you have spark at the plugs?