Steve
Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs experience as a professional working technician; ASE L1 master technician
157173

1999 ford mustang: v..3.8...see a diagram to but the belt back on.

I have a 1999 ford mustang v-6 3.8. I need to see a diagram to but the belt back on. How do I find that?

1. Rotate the drive belt tensioner counterclockwise and remove the drive belt.

If you find this answer acceptable, please click on my accept button; if not, let me know how I can help you out...

Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank-you very much. That is a great big help. One more question and I think I can fix my problem. Where is the tension release?

The tensioner is pulley #8 in the top diagram; it is mounted on a spring loaded arm that swings in an arc to hold it in contact with the back side of the belt to keep it tight.

The second illustration shows the direction you need to move it to compress it to change the belt.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Thank-you very much I realy do apreciat it. If I have any problems I will be sure to ask you. You are definatly helping a girl in need!
You can do this; I have confidence in you!
Steve, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs experience as a professional working technician; ASE L1 master technician
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Steve7654's Post: You realy have no idea how big of a help you are. My husband is in Iraq and I am left here to take care of things the best I can. Sometimes I just need a little help!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Can you please help my friend and I settle a bet? We can't agree on the engines of the 1999 mustang. I know they were available with a v6, or a v8. What we can't agree on is weather there were more than one size v6 engines to choose from. The dealer told me when I bought the car that I was getting the larger of the two v6's. Please help us! A web sight or something that I can show him would be great!!