Tech501
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
74686

Isuzu rodeo: I have a 92 2.6 litre manual trans..check engine code

I have a 92 2.6 litre manual trans isuzu rodeo. i need to find out how i can retreive check engine code and where i can find the code list to decipher it..

Diagnostic Trouble Codes - 1992
Isuzu

13 Open Oxygen Sensor Circuit
14 Coolant Temperature Sensor (High Temp Indicated)
15 Coolant Temperature Sensor (Low Temp Indicated)
21 Throttle Position Sensor (Signal Voltage High)
22 Throttle Position Sensor (Signal Voltage Low)
23 Manifold Air Temperature (MAT) Low Temp Indicated
24 Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit
25 Manifold Air Temperature (MAT) High Temp Indicated
32 >EGR system fault
33 MAP sensor circuit (signal voltage high, low vacuum)
34 MAP sensor circuit (signal voltage low, high vacuum)
42 Electronic spark timing (EST) circuit
44 Oxygen Sensor Circuit (Lean Exhaust Indicated)
45 Oxygen Sensor Circuit (Rich Exhaust Indicated)
51 ECM or EEPROM failure

To extract a trouble from the computer for diagnostic purposes, the Assembly Line Communication Link (ALDL) connector is used.

To activate the Diagnostic mode, a special connector located in the center console is utilized. When the ALDL (assembly line diagnostic link) connector is jumpered between terminals "A" and "C" with the ignition "ON" and the engine not running, the light will flash any stored codes.

The ALDL diagnostic connector is located in the passenger compartment.

Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
I have posted the information you requested. Once you post the deposit, you will be able to view/print the info. After viewing, please click on the accept button to complete the transaction.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: do i have neccessary jumper to do this or will the ole paper clip deal work??where in passenger compartment is this and the console?? i replace trans and don't recall seeing any connector??
I have noticed that this is your second question and you failed to accept enginboy's answer in the first question. I'm going to ask that you accept my answer before I post any more assistence. II will be happy to follow up after that.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
look again.. i did pay him.
I know you just did, I'll be right back to you.
Thank you for accepting both of us. By passenger compartment they mean the interior of the car. It appears it's in the console somewhere. You may hhave to do a little searching. Look under ash trays or under the front of the console. Even if it has a rear ash try, remove that. You should be able to find it. Yes, a paper clip will work. Make sure you use the correct terminal so you don't short a power feed.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
ok thanks
like i told enginboy, this is first time using site i just found it this morning. didn't mean to mislead anyone if i did. website ettiquite will get better.:)
No problem. We understand. We do get a lot of people that work the system and stiff us. That's why we keep an eye on the accept rate and check histories. Thank you for not being one one them. Feel free to post back if you need help with something.