Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

92 chrysler lebaron: my gas light came..fuel injector..convertible

Customer Question

I purchased gas today because my gas light came on,when I went to turn the car on, it turned over but refused to start so I waited a few minutes and tried starting it again, it took a good 5 minutes for it to start, an hour later it died on me as I was driving it,so I took it home and put fuel injector cleaner in it(lucus) it then started but then it stop when the fan kicked on
it is a 92 chrysler lebaron convertible. this keeps repeating itself, starts then refuses to stay running.
Category: Car
Expert:  jon_050 replied 11 years ago.

Please let us know what you are driving so one of us can answer.

Year, Make, Mod, etc

Also, did it stop the instant the radiator fan kicked on?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to jon_050's Post: 92 chrysler lebaron not sure engine size yes after I got the car home and let it sit for awhile it started and the fan kicked instantly off
it took about 10 minutes for it to start again
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I had put oil in my engine earlier in the day, I dont know if that had any affect on my car but I did spill abit as I put it in. my engine light never came on. this just keeps repeating itself over and over, starts and then dies after 10 minutes. I then noticed that the fan kicked on and the engine quit immediately
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
It has many many miles on it,(11000 and then some) as I just purchased it off a minister 3 months ago and I really dont know what kind of maintence they done on it but the car was very well kept clean including the engine.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
Check for spark,injector pulse and fuel pressure and let us know what you find.You must check all 3 during the no start condition.