Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2001 Pontiac Grand Am: It finally started while at the shop

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am and i just got it out of the shop.It will not start. It finally started while at the shop and after running a serious of test and charging me 500.00 . it started and ran finefor 3 days. they said they didnt know what was wrong maybe the security system....3 days later it has done the same thing. it acts like it is going to start but wont..do you know whats it could be? I called the shop and they said they couldnt fix the problem because they didnt know what was wrong and why it all of a sudden started. it has been sitting now for three days in a parking lot and it hasnt started yet
Category: Car
Expert:  jims replied 11 years ago.
First do you have spark, fuel pressure, or service engine light? any of those will help pointing techs in the right area
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 Is the security light flashing?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
no it is not flashing, but it has been coming on sometimes when i start it ..for the past month...also after going thru the car wash one day my radio locked up andmy seet belt light came on and the ding that comes on when you open the door and the keys are in it would not go off when i closed the door and left the keys in it....but it all stopped with in a matter of 2 days...also my drivers side door latch quit working 2 days before it quit on me again..the only way to open it was to go from the other side and open it from the inside ...which i fully believe was cause by the garage that worked on it. they had fixed a my power window and may have not got something back where it was suppose to go..
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to jims's Post: the service engine light and all the other light only flash on when i try to start it ...they have not stayed on...the car sounds like it is fixing to start but it just wont go ahead and turn over....is there anyway to reset the security and let it know that it is not being broken into,,,
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: When i try to start it ...it comes on along with all the rest of my lights but no it is not flashing
Expert:  jims replied 11 years ago.
Does the car smell damp or mildewy from A possible water leak. Or have you had any recent repairs such as A windshield or body repair? near the windshield, door area?