DCM
DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs Mechanic
157834

My worn out 305 with an efi throttle body..injectors

Customer Question

I have purchased a new 350 jasper motor to replace my worn out 305 with an efi throttle body. I need to know if I have to change the throttle body and injectors, just the injectors or niether. Also, are there any computer components that should be replaced. And, can my existing stock distributor be used? I would also appreciate any information regarding this project.
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 I think it will work as is but I can check tomorrow for injector and throttle body numbers if you wish.Distributor will work and all the other components should also.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: please check the throttle body and injector numbers for me. I'm wondering if it wouldn't just be easier to purchase new injectors for the 350. But I need to know that they will work with the existing throttle body and computer.
Expert:  DCM replied 11 years ago.
It should work perfectly as long as the throtle body has same TPS harnes connection, your injector should work as is if you don't have any problem before in any of your system your OK to go.
DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 18 yrs Mechanic
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 I missed your reply last night I will check the numbers tomorrow and post the results after 4:30 est as soon as I'm home from work.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: Dave, I think I may have screwed up. I accepted an answer thinking that it was your answer to my problem. However after accepting I did not receive any more information. I then noticed that I had accepted an answer from somebody else. Sorry if you get jipped in deal, frankly I feel a little jipped myself.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.

If you feel jipped you are feeling so because you accepted an  answer by mistake that is not my fault.However I will still check the numbers for you out of respect to a customer.

Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 There are 3 different part numbers available for injectors and we had 2 in stock 1 from a 305 and 1 from a 350.Physical external dimensions are the same I looked at both.So they would interchange in different throttle bodies.They are probably only slightly different calibrations for emissions and the one you have should work fine with no ill effects.I hope this satisfies your question if I missed something please let me know and I will do my best to get any other info you need for the project.All of the other components should work fine,the tps,o2 sensor,coolant sensor, etc.If you haven't started the project yet it may be wise to get a set of exhaust manifold spreaders so you can get the manifolds back on easily.Sometimes they kinda shrink when removed and can be quite hard to get back on without putting the spreaders in before removal of the manifolds.If you need to know how to use them let me know,1 pair of spreaders only does 1 manifold so pull them off 1 at a time.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 I have posted info for you.You may have to place a small deposit to view it.If it is more to your likeing please click my accept button.I will continue to assist you through your project as needed.