Tech501
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
74686

93 dodge: fuel pressure..no injector pulse..fuel pump..stop working

Customer Question

hi, i have a 93 dodge eagle with 3.3 engine .after i crushed with other car it do not want to start. it have spark but do not have fuel pressure and sounds like no injector pulse at all. do it have a inertia switch or something that cause fuel pump & injectors to stop working after the accident????? i hope you can give me a hand in this matter.thankyou for take my question in count.
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 11 years ago.
   what part of the vehicle was hit in the accident, and how extensive was the visible damage?
Expert:  Steve replied 11 years ago.
 also, do you know what model eagle car it is: summit, summit vista, talon, or vision?  the different models have different components in different locations...
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 No, you don't have any kind of inertia switch but it is very common for the fuel pump module to become damaged in a collision from the impact. You just need to verify that the power signal is being sent on the feed wire to the pump. Remember, it only powers for 3-5 seconds every time the key is cycled on. If you verify the power signal is being sent, you have to drop the tank and inspect the pump.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Steve7654's Post: No Comment Added
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Steve7654's Post: HI, THE CAR IS EAGLE VISION & THE DAMAGE WAS JUST ON FRONT OF THE CAR.BUMPER GOT DAMAGE TOO BAD.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: HI, THE ANSWER I RECIVED FROM YOU DID NOT HELP.
AS I TOLD YOU. I DO NOT HAVE SIGNAL [POWER] TO THE INJECTORS., & NO POWER REACHING TO FUEL PUMP.I CHECKED OUT PUMP & IT CHECKED OUT OK.
NOT ABLE TO GET IMFORMATION THRU THE SCENNER BECAUSE THERE IS NO POWER TO COMPUTER PLUG.
''NO COMUNICATION''
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 I don't have schematics readily available for an Eagle but it sounds like an issue with the ASD relay or it's power sources. If I had a schematic, I could be more specific with it. The ASD relay generally supplies power to the fuel pump relay and the injecters on most Chrysler vehicles.