Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician/Advanced Automotive Diagnostic Technician
112340

I went and got my oil changed and other items..my gauges..flashing

Customer Question

I went and got my oil changed and other items, now my gauges are not working and odomoter is flashing "No Bus", I assume it's a lose connection, but I can't tell. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 Take it back to the garage that performed the services.Its their responsibility to correct the mistake they made.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: I did that, and they looked it over and couldn't see how it was anything they did. It appears to be a dash problem?
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 Your best chances at an inexpensive repair are at the Jeep dealer.I think the no bus message means the communication network in your vehicle has lost communication with 1 or more modules.Aftermarket scan tools will not read most body control problem codes.Check your fuses all of them and look to see if the oil pressure switch is broken near the oil filter.Its fairly common for the switches to be broken during an oil change.If you don't find the answer in those areas I really suggest a local Jeep dealer.If they find a problem that was related to the work you may have recourse with the original place that performed repairs.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: I will be more then happy to pay the money. Give me a few days, and I'm going to check in to the fuses...

Thank you.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 I would be curious to know what the other items were that were done.It may help saving a trip to the dealer.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: Changed the wipers, air filter, and changed out my coolant! Nothing electronic, and I don't see any fuses under hood, or at least by the oil intake.

I started it this time and it's not doing it. Now you should know I have a 14 inch lift on with oversize tires. but they have been there for 4 years.
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 If its not doing it now you might as well leave it alone then.Chances are they wouldn't find a loose connectioin if the problem isn't occuruing.Those other services should have nothing to do with it.