Ask Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport Your Own Ques...
Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport
Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport, Bus Riding Pedestrian
Experience:  I learned so much about cars -- that I no longer drive one... ;-)
14607

1993 gmc truck: vin..the locksmith and have a new ignition key made we

Customer Question

i have a 1993 gmc truck the vin # XXXXX XXXXX the model is sc199 I need the key code # XXXXX that i can go to the locksmith and have a new ignition key made we've lost are only set of keys.......
Category: Car
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.
  I just had a key made at the dealer from the vin # XXXXX Thrusday  It came to 21$ with tax    

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to enginboy's Post: I am afraid my situation is a bit more "webbed" and although you offered a any-other-time-than-this-time simple solution of "GOING" to a dealership with nothing more than my vin# XXXXX being a no problem scenario...it didn't help me.. Ya' see I am about 70 miles from NO WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND my truck is about 22 miles further away from me... AND can not afford to have the locksmith come to me I need to go to him with KEY CODE in hand...1 trip into town is ALL I can afford (oh and the town Im going to doesn't have a "DEALERSHIP" that is another 200 miles away)

SOOOOOOO
               If some one can tell me the # XXXXX how to get the number from right here at my computer(excact detailed instructions is what I need.)I would appreciate it..
        Thank you anyways...to the guy who first replied.
Expert:  Steve -- a.k.a. Oreport replied 11 years ago.

Can you telephone the dealership where you purchased the truck and have
them 'overnite' the key to you by Fedex -- or whatever carrier serves
your area?

Good Luck!

Steve

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Oreport's Post: again another "any-other-time-but-this-time" simple and great solution but no the "tangle" again "twists" I am unable to use your suggestion because I purchased my truck from a private owner...(whom I did call on a long shot that they had an x-tra key still lying around in the dust somewhere...no luck..) and anyways he bought it from some one else and so on...so at this point, from where I am pacing, its "DEALERSHIP" origin is pretty much as lost as my keys..hahaha
           THANK YOU ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 You may have personal restrictions but the plain fact is, the dealer is the only one that can help you. Previous ownership shouldn't be a problem is you can prove current ownership.
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.
  take the vin code to the dealer let them give you the key code then go to the locksmith with the key code and let him cut you a key If the locksmith can't give you a key code from the vin what makes you think anyone here can?  When I had that key made they didn't care who I was Or where the van was purchased if you want you can call them have it overnighted It's huntington Cheverlet 631-427 0900 ask for retail parts