Tech501
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
74686

put new..my 94 eagle talon,75,000 miles..drove..sudden th oil pressure

Customer Question

I put new spark plugs in my 94 eagle talon,75,000 miles, and then some people who were buying it drove it and allof a sudden th oil pressure dropped and oil is all over my ledt wheel and on bottom oof car frame what happened? I haven't touched it. I am a female and I don't know if it is a head gasket(neighbor advice) or what never used oil before then.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 It needs to be examined to locate the source of the leak. It's obvious why the engine stopped without any oil. In order for a leak to produce that much oil that fast, it has to come from a pressure point on the engine. These points are basically the oil pressure switch and the oil filter. Possibly you had an oil change done recently and the filter wasn't installed properly.
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: where is the oil filter and the oil pressuer switch- iam a female and i do not know , ihad a water pump and timming belt put in about two months ago could this have antyhing to do with it
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
what do i do abou the car?
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 At this point, you need to have a technician at least look at it to give you an idea where you stand. Check to see how fast it is leasking by filling the oil and let it idle while you watch under the car to see if it's even driveable to the shop. The timing belt could have messed up the cam and crank seals when it let go. That's why someone needs to look at it to see what's going on.  
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I poured 4 qts of oil in my car and started it up and it looked like it came of a hole near the oil filter, a hose maybe? I turned the car off when the oil just wne through to the ground.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 Someone experienced needs to take a closer look at that to see if it's something that can be resolved easily. It may be the filter itself. If you don't have anyone to look at it where it sits, then I suggest towing it to a shop for diagnosis.