Tech501
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
74686

95 astro: fuel pump..12 volts..relay, pump and injectors replaced.

95 astro van. fuel pump only turns on when 12 volts are applied. relay, pump and injectors replaced. pump still wont turn on.help
 Check power supplies at the relay. If you give me the engine size and 8th digit of the vin, I'll get you a schematic to see what the power sources are. There should be a red test connecter at the relay. Will it run if power is applied to it?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: that is the only time it will run when i apply 12 volts to test wire. engine is 4.3 vortec. its at my shop so i dont hav vin # XXXXX i can go get it.

That's OK, I was just trying to find out if it was a Vortec.

In this case the main power supply comes from the ECM/Batt fuse 15A on the Org wire. The relay is permanently grounded and the ECM supplies trigger power on the DkGrn/Wht wire. The fuel pump has a redundant power supply through the oil pressure switch so it will run without a fuel pump relay at all, when it builds oil pressure. I have seen these oil pressure switches short and take out the fuse before. You should be able to track it down now. If it does the trick for you, please click on the accept button.

Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: now my fuel pump runs really loud and seems to pump to much gas.

As I answered in your other question, that pump runs at 60 PSI so I don't know what is making you think it's pumping too much. The loud noise can be attributed to the quality of the pump and the insulation it comes with.

Please click on the accept button after viewing unless there is something you didn't understand.