Tech501
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
74686

1993 chevy blazer: it towed to the garage,they put..fuel pump..spark

i just got a 1993 chevy blazer s10..while driving it,it just shut off,igot it towed to the garage,they put in a used fuel pump which is working you can hear it pumping and computer was put in a new spider valve was put in new spark plugsand we thought we had it ..i drove it home 40 miles it seemed ok,went to work that nite drove about a mile it shut off again,it cranks like it wants to start but there seems to be no fuel getting to the engine,please any ideas would help i'm a mother of three and don't know much and need my blazer,thank you
 You need some confirmation on what is or isn't working. Check for spark and injecter pulse if it's a TBI engine and check the fuel pressure with a gauge and compare it against the spec. If you need the fuel pressure spec, give me the 8th digit of the VIN#
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: 8th didget is a letter,w
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: 8th didgetis a letter ,w
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: can i have the pressure spec 8th didget is a w

That makes it a Vortec an a little harder to check injecter pulse. Normall you can just plug a noid light into the injecter plug but yours is under the manifold. It can be done by tapping into the wires and jumping them to a noid light. You would use the Pnk/BL and the DkBL wires.

Here's what the noid lights anspark testers look like.

Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: can i get the pressure spec the 8th didget of the vin is a w
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: i just checked with the garage your reply was allready done any other suggestions
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
i just checked with the garage your reply was done ,any other suggestions
 OK, so what isn't working? Does it have injecter pulse, spark and correct fuel pressure? It would be running if it did.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: fuel pressuse was at 59 running when was running,it has spark and injecter pulse but not running it wants to but it just won't fire up any more help, the only thing not working is the car itself
 None of it matters if it was checked when the engine was running. Obviously, there wasn't a problem then. You need to know what's having a problem when it won't start.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: i'm sorry if it seems like i'm wasting your time,all i know is it's doing the same thing now that it did the first time it broke down,all those things were done to it and i got an hour usage out of it and now it won't start again even spraying starter fuild in there did'nt fire it up if you have no other suggestions i understand thank you for all the other ones and your patience with me.
 I'm not telling you how to fix it, I'm telling how to find the problem. Someone else is trying to fix it and your acting as a "go between". That just isn't going to work. He has his own agenda and method of diagnostics (even if it isn't working) and isn't interested in what I have to say. This is becoming futile. If a shop is doing it, then they don't appear to know what they're doing. I really don't know what to tell you at this point. I canb answer technical questions but your not the guy doing this.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: thanks anyways
 Where at in Pa are you?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: sorry i had computer problems if your still willing to help,i live in jonestown about 25 miles away from hershey and the blazer is in harrisburg
 Too far thats about 6 hours away.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Davo/diablo666's Post: thanks anyway