jon_050
jon_050, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Domestic and Imports
28561

she stuffed it back in and slammed the trunk..Wont open

Customer Question

broken from load being tied down at Home Depot. My wife told me that the wire was pulled out and she stuffed it back in and slammed the trunk. Won't open with key or button. If I could get it open, I might could fix it. Also, can't get back seat off to try to disconnect battery, which I think might let my key work.
Category: Car
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.

Seat Cushion Replacement - Rear

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 430401  Size: SH
    Click here for detailed picture of above image.

1. Push in and up on the front of the rear seat cushion.
  2. Lift up and out on the seat cushion.
  3. Remove the rear seat cushion from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 430401  Size: SH

1. Install the rear seat cushion into the vehicle.
    Object Number: 106071  Size: SH

2. Engage 2 locator tabs into the wire loops in the bottom of the rear seat back.

Important

Pull up on the front of the rear seat cushion to ensure that the cushion is secure.

3. Push down and rearward to seat the rear seat cushion into the latches in the number four bar.

Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.

Seat Back Replacement - Rear

Removal Procedure

Object Number: 106073  Size: SH

1. Remove the upper trunk trim.
  2. Remove the fasteners and the cable clips from the trunk pass-through release cable, If equipped.
  3. Remove the rear seat cushion. Refer to Seat Cushion Replacement - Rear .
  4. Remove the center seat belt and outer shoulder belt buckle anchor fasteners.
  5. Lift the center shoulder belt off of the seat back and store on the rear shelf panel.
  6. Using a straight-bladed screwdriver, insert the screwdriver between the top of the seat back and rear of the shelf panel.
    Object Number: 106076  Size: SH

7. Push down on the screwdriver in order to release the rear seat back retainers.
    Object Number: 430398  Size: SH

8. Release the 4 retainers and pull the seat back away from the cross car beam.
  9. Position the rear shoulder belts in order to clear the rear seat back.
  10. Pull the seat away from shelf panel far enough to pull the pass-through release cable through the opening.
  11. Remove the rear seat back.

Installation Procedure

Object Number: 430398  Size: SH

1. Install the rear seat back into the car.
  2. Feed the pass-through release cable through the opening behind seat back, If equipped.
  3. Position the rear shoulder belts over the seat back.
  4. Align the slots in the seat back with the retainer clips on the cross car beam.
  5. Push the seat back firmly in order to engage the center clips and then the outer clips.
    Object Number: 106073  Size: SH

6. Position the center shoulder belt over the seat back.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Important: Ensure that the fastener threads and fastener holes are free of any sealer patch material.

7. Install the center seat belt and outer shoulder belt buckle fasteners.

Tighten
    Tighten the fasteners to 41 N·m (32 lb ft).

8. Install the rear seat cushion. Refer to Seat Cushion Replacement - Rear .
  9. Install the pass-through release cable fasteners and cable clips.
  10. Install the upper trunk trim.

Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 Disconnecting the battey will not help but I have posted directions to remove the seat.You will probably be able to open it from there.A small handle is in the trunk for emergency release I think back near the latch.If it isn't there you can unbolt the latch and get in.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
I will try to do this. If I am able to, I will give accept. Did you say I will be able to get in the trunk when I get the seat off?
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 You will be able to access this handle or unbolt the latch from there.Object Number: 724169  Size: SH
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 #3 is the emergency release handle #1 is the latch. #2 is the cable from the trunk lock cylinder. 
Expert:  Davo replied 11 years ago.
 There is also a black panel that will need pushed off out of the way you will see it after the seat back is removed.
Expert:  jon_050 replied 11 years ago.
 I certainly hope you stop back to pay the technician. The instructions are the best the world has to offer. These are 2004 Buick Lesabre  specific service instructions from GM, the only way he could do better is to make a housecall....