Dan, Automotive business
Experience:  Automotive business
92581

CHRYSLER: RESET ALARM WITHOUT FOB CAR WON..DASHBOARD..LIGHT CAME..HORN

Customer Question

1991CHRYSLERFIFTH AVE OEM ALARM HOW DO I DISABLE/RESET ALARM WITHOUT FOB CAR WON,T START DROVE CAR ALL DAY NO PROBLEM WITH IT CLOSED DRIVER DOOR DASHBOARD SET LIGHT CAME ON UNLOCK DOOR AND OPENED LIGHTS FLASHED HORN SOUNDED I WOULD LIKE TO DISABLE THE ALARM SYSTEM OR RESET IT CHRYSLER DEALER CLAIMS IGNORANCE ON HOW TO FIX PROBLEM
Category: Car
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 If it really is an OEM system, the dealer can't claim ignorance because it's integrated into the electrical system and it can't be bypassed. That's why it's called a "security" system. Now if it's aftermarket, that changes everything. There's something missing from this story.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: DROVE THE CAR ALL DAY YESTERDAY 3-15-05 NO PROBLEMS PARK THE CAR LOCK THE DOOR CLOSED THE DOO DASH BOARD LIGHT THAT LETS YOU KNOW THE ALARM IS SEWT CAME ON. HAD THE CAR FOR 2 YEARS IT NEVER CAME ON. UNLOCKED DOOR AND OPENED HORN BLARED LIGHTS FLASHED WHEN IT STOPPED CAR WOULD NOT START AND RUN ALL IT DOES NOW IS CRANK CATCH AND SHUT OFF. I REMEMBER FROM YEARS PAST THAT AVIS HAD CHRYSLERS FOR RENTAL CARS AND CUSTOMERS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM BUT NO ONE CAN OR WANTS TO REMEMBER THE SEQUENCE OF RESTTING THE SYSTEM
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

It can't be diagnosed over the Internet. You should have it towed to the dealer.

PS. The cap lock button is on the left side of the keyboard.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 11 years ago.
call the nearest chrysler/dodge dealer and ask for chryslers corporate tech support # XXXXX call to get the brake code for your car... this is where you use the brake pedal and the ignition switch to reset the system...