Tech501
Tech501, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  38 years exp, ASE Mastertech with L1 Advanced Engine performance
74686

thiers a plastic trap on the bottom of tank that pump fits in..trip

Customer Question

It looks like thiers a plastic trap on the bottom of tank that pump fits in. I have all the pump out except outer case that is locket in thier. Looks like I need to trip something on trap.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

The locking ring shown in the second picture needs to be removed. They say there is a special Ford tool but I'm sure you can find a way to ket it off.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: wrong answere.All that stuff is out of there.The pump that goes in there is part no. AC Delco mu2036.Its a different kind of pump.THANKS anyway
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 No, that is what the exterior of the module looks like on a contour. You may have bought a separate pump and your car uses a module. The info I have shows it as a complete module that has to be replaced as a unit.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: I want to replace it as a unit, or could just buy the pump, witch is out of the tank. You would have to go to Rock Auto and run the part they have a pitcher of it.Its a different kind of pump ass.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

Did you just call me an ass while I was trying to help you?

I went through a lot of work to find those pictures and get them posted. You got a lot of nerve and not much brains. Fix you own damn car and I seriously doubt anybody else will help you now either because your a moron.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: pump assembely. I will figure it out when I get the part on thur. THANKS again.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

Typos can get you in trouble.

It sounds like they are selling you the wrong part. You may have to go to the dealer for that.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: This place is for people who have car trouble for the first time.I been around the block in the mechanical world. The part I'm having trouble with is not yet in the "do it yourself" repair manuals.Last summer had trouble with the heater fan moter--Looked at the repair manual,reached up grabed the motor,pushed a tap on side,unscrewed it, took half hr.to change. I thought this would go the same way and it did up to the point of getting it out of the cage on the bottom of the tank.Thiers people that know how to do it,but teck 501 is'nt one of them.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 OK, smart A$$, I gave you a second chance, but your really are an idiot. If you've been around the block a few times, you surely should know how to change a fuel pump. Knock yourself out!
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: I'ved changed them before and will get this one too. Do'nt respone and tie this up. Let someone else and will give them the $5.00
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 Nobody here needs $5 that bad.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: do'nt respond I will them a tip also
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

Quote: Reply to Tech501's Post: do'nt respond I will them a tip also

Hahaha, sure you will.

I hope your auto repair ability is better than you spelling and grammer.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: You are right. There three worlds of people,nature,humanature, supernature. I live in the natural world. I hit 135-138 on i.q. in that area.      Visual,Math,mech. I see you live in humanatural world.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

Hahaha...........    135-138 and you can't change a simple fuel pump by your self?          What a failure..............

and I see you grammar didn't get any better either....

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: that place in cal. wants me to joint them.The geniuses.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

Quote: that place in cal. wants me to joint them.The geniuses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hahaha, Yep, sounds like you had one too many joints already Mr Genius.

I can tell you one thing, it doesn't take a genius to change that fuel pump.

Expert:  jon_050 replied 11 years ago.
 Mensa? Wow, the fact that they are reaching out to you propells you to the top of the iq ladder! And I, for one, am starstruck. Many geniuses have difficulty getting along with mortals. I understand some of the imperfections in your attitude and wish to help.

What is your expertise? I certainly hope you are not talking down to us by mispelling words and playing 'hocus pocus' with grammar cause we are "un-educated grease monkeys", cause there are geniuses who fix on cars too.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: I won't touch a joint in million years.I drink beer to much. But let's get back to the pump. I'm trying to send a pitcher of it.Have you every seen any thing like it? My skills on this =my english skills.I do'nt like"the dumming of america"and this sight can help stop it.I like working on cars and deal with a lot of different people that do.I see thiers a lot of other people with pump trouble and cam sensors, which you experts don't talk about,so help in the pump area even if you do'nt help me.
Expert:  jon_050 replied 11 years ago.

Engine size(vin code)?

Does your car have flex fuel?

We offer help for potential pump and cam sensor trouble all the time. IE- "check fuel pressure" "have troublecodes scanned".

No pic, try again.

Will you join Mensa?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
eng.2.ol vin3 We had to keep the tank half full or car would stall. What I did was put a clear plastic pipe in gas line -to garabage can -half air half gas came out.Jerk out fuel pump or tryed.Could haved cleaned the in take screen and been ok.I have to drive 6 lane 80 mpr down state,so went with new system.If you guys stop calling me a idiot,I will lay off the other way.If other people read this,I would like to say I keep the car out side,4 door open, in wind. wen working on it .Car has 110000 miles.I think the cam sensor went, driving home, 10 mph..
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 If the shoe fits, wear it, Mr Genius......