Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The IAC motor, TPS,ACT,ECT,EGO, and the control module but it..idle

Customer Question

i changed the IAC motor, TPS,ACT,ECT,EGO, and the control module but it still wants to idle low. what should I do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 Is it stalling?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: no but it wants to act like it is going to stall.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 Ir it's not stalling ever, you don't have a problem with the idle speed. The computer controls it and you have nothing to say about it anyway.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: why does it stumble when you stop and sit at a red ligth, but it doesn't do it all of the time.
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 How high is the mileage?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: It just turn 90,000 miles.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
DO YOU THINK THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER SHOULD BE CHANGED, IT STILL HAS THE SAME ONE SINCE THE CAR WAS NEW?
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.

That's not real high but if you get wear in the throttle shafts, the throttle plates will tend to move around a lot and make the idle unstable. Remember how just cleaning the crap off the plate made so much difference, that's how critical the seal of that flap is to idle speed. If you can move the shaft up and down, that can contribute to the problem.  

No, the cat won't do that.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: I WILL CHECK IT OUT IF THIS IS THE PROBLEM WANT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 I'd probably just get a good used throttle body and put your new IAC on it. I can't gaurantee that's your problem without seeing the way this thing is running. I hate to see you keep dumping money into it if it's got other problems.