Marc
Marc, Technician
Experience:  33 years exp. automotive repair NYS emisisions repair cert.
44459

A new transmisson pan ine my Daughters 2000 Daweoo Nubria..cracked

Customer Question

My Husband just put a new transmisson pan ine my Daughters 2000 Daweoo Nubria. the olf one was cracked and all the fluid ran out. We cn't find the spot in which to put in the new fluid.> In the mannual it says take it to ta dealer. To avoid             towing costs does anyone know where or how it would go in the car? HElP Please@!!!Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Rich replied 11 years ago.
Remove the trans dipstick, put a funnel in the tube (or make one out of rolled up paper) and pour in the fluid. Be sure not to overfill it.   
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Rich's Post: There is no dip stick. We have looked all over and there is not one. The mannual said to take it to a dealer but it's empty. does not even show one in mannual Tell you in mannual there isn't one.
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

There is either a plug on the side of the case or the speedo gear may double as a dip stick but you are going to know how far up the gear that the fluid has to be.  

Let me look around a little see if I can find something on it.

I looked but I.m  sorry this car is just too obscure.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to enginboy's Post: Thank you for the enfo. What is a soeedo gear and where is it?
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

seed sensor gear its on the out put yail of the R/S extention housing.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to enginboy's Post: Thanks so very much you've been a great help. do you have a Daweoo?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
i already got one answer and read it but any more would be great. All that reply would be a help
Expert:  Tech501 replied 11 years ago.
 And which one would you be paying? How many Daweoo specialists would you expect to find on this site? Most techs refuse to even work on those things. You've already received what I believe to be a very knowledgable answer.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Tech501's Post: Your right smarty. I did get a good answer. At least he wasn't rude. I didn't buy it my duaghter did. It's not bad when it runs.
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

Did you get the fluid in it?
Expert:  jon_050 replied 11 years ago.
 Your question will expire soon and you haven't replied to the correspondence above.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to enginboy's Post: no we did not. He cannot find a plug or anything.Any ither idea's.?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to jon_050's Post: I went on the site and didn't find your answer. Would you please post it again. I would love the help . We tired one thing form another mechanic and that didn't work.
Expert:  Marc replied 11 years ago.

Did you pull the speed sensor to check for a fluid level indicator?
Marc, Technician
Experience: 33 years exp. automotive repair NYS emisisions repair cert.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to enginboy's Post: What is a speed censor and where is it? Thanks alot I don't   mean to be a pain.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
My husband does not know where the speed censor is.he found a place with a red plug with a wire going on it on top of the trans axial. Didn't want pull it and mess up anythingWas that it. I hate to be a main in your butt tu thanks again.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to enginboy's Post: My husband will check that this Sat. He works several hours a week and only has wekend is he doesn't work Sat's