Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a compustar 2wshlcdr-703 installed on my Santa Fe. It

I have a compustar 2wshlcdr-703 installed on my Santa Fe. It seems to be interfering with the regular fob remote that came with the vehicle. I would like to remove it. How do I go about this? Thanks.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Compustar 2WSHLCDR-703
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I bought the Santa Fe used and problem already existed
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if whoever installed the Compustar remote had to make changes to the vehicles wiring or programming and if it is just a simple matter to remove the Compustar remote and regain full functionality of the vehicle's fob remote.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually all wiring that was installed has to be removed as well as any control module and sensors removed.The vehicle factory wiring has to be reconnected.Usually you can trace each wire to disconnect the after market wiring and to reconnect the factory wiring to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Who would be best to uninstall and reconnecting the factory wiring? The vehicle is under warranty and i don't want the warranty voided because there was a after market installation. The dealership or an electronics technician?

I would take it to an electronics technician or a facility that installs this model unit into vehicles as either of these is usually the best option.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete