ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Kenwood DDX9903S and I am having problems trying to

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood DDX9903S and I am having problems trying to mirror my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have tried the Kenwood Smartphone App and Android Auto. The technician that installed the deck mirrored his IPhone with no issues.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Dan, not all Android Devices are compatible - see the following list of compatible phones:

http://www.kenwood.com/car/app/kenwood_smartphone_control/eng/compatible.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Manual that came with the Kenwood describes using Kenwood Smartphone control or Android Auto.. On their website it does list the applicable models and the DDX9903s is not listed for Kenwood Smartphone Control although it said others will be added soon and the DDX9902s is listed. Looked at an MHL connection but their sight does list this as a supported phone.The Manual indicates that Android Auto should work but may require an optional cable either a KCA-HD100 or a KCA-MH100 and possibly a 5-pin to 11-pin adapter tip. Any thoughts on which is needed?

Hi Dan,

You could try updating the firmware if it is not working via USB.

Here is a link to the latest firmware update and instructions:

http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/ddx9903s/support.html?model=DDX9903S#app

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.