Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I purchased a used car with a panasonic radio in it I

Customer Question

I purchased a used car with a panasonic radio in it I pressed the clear memory on the radio now its lock and asking for an id code I dont know the code can u help
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Im looking at the front i believe its cq-vd6505w by looking at a modle on the internet
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just happened it was playing but on the screen it said memory full and through another screen I saw clear memory and I pressed ok After that It locked out radio and started requesting a four number code
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is the only problem
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 14 days ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Unfortunately, and by design, you can only get these unlock codes from the original manufacturer of the radio OR the dealership if the radio was installed as original equipment. There is no way to bypass them. But if you have a relationship with your dealer - or even some type of paperwork saying that you own the car, they are usually able to give it to you without charging you.