stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

I'm trying to hook up to a87 Ford stereo I have alpine radio

Customer Question

I'm trying to hook up to a87 Ford stereo I have alpine radio but all the wirer colors are different. Can i still change radios
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Com-7854 Did that help
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm just trying to changed out my radio got an alpine radio but the wires aren't the same colors
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 4 months ago.

Technically it can be done, I wouldn't want to get into popping speakers with you at this point, so I'll give you a link and let me know if you've made any progress before we continue... http://www.metraonline.com/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All I need really I guess would be a diagram of the wiring for the Alpine Stereo which wires are what and then I can figure it out from there I have a diagram for the Ford I just don't know which one of those would connect to on the Alpine Stereo

Excellent, in which case I would suggest modifiedlife.com or the12volt aside from generic diagram searches online... dealer databases are complicated to say the least. Its essentially free information, do you have any diagnostic equipment?