stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Rear speakers in my Audi a6 c5 used to crackle and work

Customer Question

Rear speakers in my Audi a6 c5 used to crackle and work intermittently after which they completely stopped working, I have removed the blaupunkt subwoofer and amp from the trunk and am looking for suitable replacement. Are there any aftermarket units I can use without replacing anything else?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 3 days ago.

Anything that fits for the speakers, given the mounting depth. The amp though, is that what you want replaced?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have extracted the housing which consists of the amplifier(looks burnt) and the subwoofer.
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 3 days ago.

well, theres a good chance you could use an aftermarket amplifier with the pre amplified signals and replace the speakers with anything comparable