Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Have pioneer avic-x850bt unit replaced battery and forgot

Customer Question

Have pioneer avic-x850bt unit replaced battery and forgot password ***** will not respond
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model is AVIC-X850BT About 2 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Replaced battery and will not respond to password
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
cell phone(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Tried calling Pioneer Electronics and they said send unit to pioneer. They could not help.
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately on some models Pioneer can help unlock over the phone with your radios serial number but on some other models it does have to be sent in to them to be reset.There is no work around or another way to do this unfortunately.I wish I had better news for you on this here.Here is their contact info to see if they can re check this to reset it but if they cannot then it will need sent in.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete