Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a scosche circuit tester with a red an blue light I

Customer Question

I have a scosche circuit tester with a red an blue light I touched a wire the red light came on so I assume that's the live wire I touched another wire the blue light came on what does that mean low voltage
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i'm hooking up a new radio in my 2016 rav4 the backup camera that came with the car is on a 6volt line trying to find that line to hook up radio wire to it
Expert:  Michael replied 17 days ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

I am not sure which meter you have, may I have the model # of your meter?

Also what wires are you testing?

What you need to know is which is ground and which is positive or you could damage the radio you are trying to install.

Two wires require power on your radio, one is live always, the other is switched with the key.

The live one that isn't switched off with the key, is for your station memory;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael