umdterp13
umdterp13, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  Custom Installer / 12 Volt Tech
30812386

My alpine CDE W265EBT isn't putting out sound from the rca

Customer Question

My alpine CDE W265EBT isn't putting out sound from the white rca outputs. All three aren't working. I've changed the rca cables around to the red outputs and all 4 speakers are working fine. Checked balance & fader too.
Went back to the dealer, he gave me another unit to try. Same thing is happening. I've hooked it up to an Alpine KTP 445U power pack.
Hope you can help.
Cheers
Chris
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 20 days ago.

have you tried the speaker outputs with a line level adapter a.k.a. step down unit?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Never heard of a line level adapter, how much are they?
But still why is there very minimal sound coming from the white rca outlets, but the red ones are working fine?
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 17 days ago.

Strange as that is, I would see if the speaker level outputs are similar in which case it is an internal problem and not necessarily electronic at the source of 12v for the unit to function.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74360_Rockford-Fosgate-Line-Out-Converter-RF-HLC.html

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorted it out, turns out if you use an iPhone through the aux port it only puts volume out to one side of the speaker outlets! As I was just doing a quick test I was just using the iPhone for convenience. I put a cd in or use the USB port and it works fine.
Thanks for your help
Cheers
Chris
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 16 days ago.

Excellent, glad to hear of your success and compliment the professionalism. Much appreciated.