Aric, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am trying to connect a sirius xm to my vehicle I need to

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a sirius xm to my vehicle I need to know how to change the frequency on the pioneer radio in the vehicle. I have the model number of the radio in the car it is DEN P59001B.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It can not be over 11 years old. The exact model is DEN P59001B.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We just tried to connect it today, we have been pushing buttons but can not figure it out.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Are you saying you're using a SAT radio that has an FM modulator and isn't hard-wired into the vehicle? That would be the only setup that would require you to select a station on the Pioneer. Also what station is it you need to choose, is it 88.9?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

To see how to operate the Tuner (and then select a station respectively), click on the link below and scroll to page 11, then follow the manual from there:

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20090222083300/Manuals/130/130DEHP590.PDF

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.