ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Have the AVIC-F900BT and have had two updates in 2010 and

Customer Question

have the AVIC-F900BT and have had two updates in 2010 and 2011. In 2012 contacted Pioneer about an update but they advised that there was no up date for this model in the future
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a AVIC-F900BT installed in the my van in late 2009. am now having problem connection my cell phone to the system. Also when activalted when the vehicle is started the system freezes and cannot get screen unfreeze and after a short period of time it works but no telephone connection.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been gong on and off for several months. have not try troubleshooting because do not know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: cannot think of any thing else ..................sometime think it is my phone but the phone shows the system ................but as I same the telephone connection comes and goes .....not a consistant connection
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 30 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The AVIC-F900BT is quite an old model and is no longer supported by Pioneer.

It won't be fully compatible with most modern phones.

It will still play your DVDs and music just fine, but if you want a head unit that is compatible with the newest smartphones then you will need to upgrade the system.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 28 days ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?