Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I forgot my password to my pioneer 5000nex, is of 2014, 3

Customer Question

hi I forgot my password ***** my pioneer 5000nex
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: is of 2014
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 days a go
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i pay but do not work
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

An activation code for a car radio or car stereo etc., is an anti-theft feature. When the device is removed from the car, the battery power is interrupted to it, and this activates the anti-theft feature. The entering of an obscure code is required before one may use the radio or stereo etc. again.

Sometimes this anti-theft feature is activated when no theft is involved, for instance:

- when a car stereo is sold, after being taken out of a car, by its legitimate owner.

- when a car's battery has been disconnected for servicing of various sorts or in the event of car battery failure.

The code is very hard to 'generate' or hard to find. It would not be an effective anti-theft deterrent otherwise. I have not the means to generate the code for you (though I believe it is generated from the serial # of the device and according to the maker and model.)

I advise that you take the car to a dealership for that brand, and have them generate and enter the code for your stereo.

An alternative is to send it to Pioneer, which would cost something and take some trouble.

Would you be willing to consider a on-web solution for hire (if I can find one) that claims to be able to generate the code / password ***** your exact model # and exact serial number right off the device's manufacturer's label ?

If so, please let me know. And I will find such an on-web service if one is offered for your device model. Thanks.