ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Kenwood KDC-X300 in my 2006 Jeep Liberty and

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood KDC-X300 in my 2006 Jeep Liberty and whenever I connect it to Bluetooth on my iPhone 4S it plays music just fine. However, when a new song comes on it resets the volume from 30 to 15. It also changes the volume to where I can't hear it every time I use GPS on my phone while music is playing. It is very aggravating to have music cranked up and then have the volume become near silent whenever Siri tries to speak directions. I turn the volume up to hear the directions...only to have it go back down the instant she's done talking. It is not uncommon to have to adjust the volume 12-15 times when approaching, going through and leaving an intersection.
I have been through all the functions on my device and my phone. None of them have anything mentioning autovolume. How do I turn this off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried updating the software on both the Kenwood and the iPhone?

You can get the latest firmware for your KDC-X300 from:

http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/kdc-x300/support.html?model=KDC-X300#app

Also try pairing a different phone and let me know if the volume operates as expected when it is paired?

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------