stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

Panasonic automotive dvd player model 39110-s0x-a010-m1

Customer Question

panasonic automotive dvd player model 39110-s0x-a010-m1 wiring diagram
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 8 months ago.

Guessing you haven't found a manual online, and as such... what are the details?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its a 2004 Honda Odyssey with a rear entertainment system. Can not get headphones to work either wired or wireless. Seems to be a problem with harness. I replaced the DVD but to no avail. If I can get the wiring diagram for the DVD I can wire in a headphone jack. The model is Panasonic Model 29110-s0x-A010-M1.

Ceiling mounted? Easier said that done, esp for one person... are you willing to take apart the headliner?

If thats a factory system it would be difficult to tell if there are dedicated audio channels without a module for processing the sound in place.

Otherwise aftermarket is a lot easier, and honestly I've worked for dealerships to have those done for customers. With dedicated audio cables then yeah, I'd say that is a distinct possibility. I would have you look for RCA plugs from the unit as the source.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The DVD player is mounted in the Dash below radio. The ceiling thing is only a display screen
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there are no rca jacks on unit only the plugs for the Honda wiring harness

OK, so that would mean the wireless is likely from the screen portion for broadcasting and if anything were wired for sound otherwise I'd have you see where the arness is going from the DVD player to the head unit. At which point, I would also consider the possibility of it being defective for those problems to present in conjunction with one another. I figure you're past the setting portion being adjusted.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
way past, I have 3 Odyssey's. That's why I was trying to find which wires from the DVD went to speakers

OK, so that would mean the wireless is likely from the screen portion for broadcasting and if anything were wired for sound otherwise I'd have you see where the harness is going from the DVD player to the head unit. At which point, I would also consider the possibility of it being defective for those problems to present in conjunction with one another. I figure you're past the setting portion being adjusted.

*sry for the double post...

OK well do you have any equipment for testing purposes? I would have to use a multimeter to go from here and could walk you through it

whether there is a signal sent to the head unit is one thing, and for nothing to come from there I can only suggest a replacement DVD player as the wires are likely not at fault whatsoever.... trying to decode which isn't power or ground means I'd look into a wiring harness and make alterations from there

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No not really, I did replace the DVD player to confirm the problem. If you could just give me the wire colors for L and R speakers front or back I would be good to go. I will drop in a headphone jack at the unit

Sure I'll see what I can find

Found the 2003 listed easily on a first try,

| LF SPEAKER|blu/grn - gry/blk | |radio |
| RF SPEAKER|red/grn - brn/blk | |radio |
| LR SPEAKER|blu/yel - brn/wht | |radio |
| RR SPEAKER|red/yel - brn/wht | |radio |

Sure fire way is to get to a speaker and door panels there come off in under 5 minutes with a decent pry to free the clips.

2004 Honda Odyssey Car Radio Stereo Audio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: White/Blue
Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: White/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Red
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Black
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

Hard to get to the right database after work hours, my apologies.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I should be able to tie in right behind the dvd player... Cool

Ideally yes, and if you are able to send a picture I can confirm any further progress.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, can't right now but this should give me a staring place

Nice I'll be able to get diagrams during business hours tomorrow if there is anything else I can help you with... thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No if you could send me the diagram tomorrow that would be great... Have a great night.