stereoaz
stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.
45259138

How do you reset a Password for a Pioneer AVIC-X850BT car

Customer Question

How do you reset a Password ***** a Pioneer AVIC-X850BT car stereo?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 month ago.

Well, I would first try holding down the reset button for a solid 10 seconds, the manual stipulates a visit to your local authorized dealer, and of all things: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37025-how-to-retrieve-your-avic-x850bts-forgotten-password/ I can't vouch for any of this professionally.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's not much help. Can't get to the website it wants to send me. I will take it to a pioneer dealer. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 1 month ago.

My apologies, if they don't have the software from the manufacturer the only thing they could do is a factory reset, which is known as a hard reset, and that involves a certain process most people would be oblivious about from the install manual since the owners manual isn't always full coverage in those kind of situations. I can't quite say there is a magic sequence that would do anything for you, best of luck.