Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata that I bought used. The

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata that I bought used. The previous owner had installed an after factory amp. A few weeks ago the car was broken into and the amp was cut out. Since then the radio had not been working at all. I replaced the audio fuse and now the dash speakers work but there is absolutely no sound from the front or rear door speakers. Any idea what I can do to remedy this?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the break-in. Such events are major-to-minor league catastrophes, every time.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Since the jerks in question may have done anything, and their approach was sloppy enough to blow a fuse, you will be best advised to examine everything about the setup:

- wiring to the radio itself. Be sure it is plugged in, and no wires broken nor crossed.

- fuses. All of them, even the ones in the car's fuse-box (but, do not pull the fuse for the radio itself. That would make for even more difficulties with getting this system fully working again.)

- wiring from the radio to the front door speakers. And to the rear door speakers. In detail: look for breaks, crossed wires, disconnections and cuts, etc. It might be that the front and rear door speakers were also powered from the accessory amp ? which would explain their not working, undoubtedly, if that were the case.

- and, make sure the door speakers are selected on the radio itself. It may have the external amp selected, that is no longer there.