stereoaz, Car Electronics Technician
Experience:  35 years in car audio,my shop won iasca world title ,custom fabrication,expert installer.

I just want to get my radio code for my Acura MDX 2002

Customer Question

Hi I just want to get my radio code for my Acura MDX 2002 Serial numbers are U3000 L7444
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 13 days ago.

My guess is that you are looking for a factory radio? In that case, please call your local MFR / Dealer and provide your VIN number to the Service department and that should be able to give your stock radio code from their database. If that is an aftermarket head unit, please provide me the product identification in terms of brand and model designation.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
This is a factory radio but original dealer is no more .. It will be bit costly, if I go to a different dealer That is the reason I'm trying to get from 3rd party who provides service to get the code.
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 13 days ago.

Interesting, my guess is the car has no user manual? Sometimes the radio code is printed on a card associated with the documentation, and otherwise the dealership should be able to give you the number over the phone free of charge provided the correct VIN number, have you tried? Unfortunately there is nothing much that can be done about a reset which would only get to the same interface and as such lock out after multiple failed attempts.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Since the original dealership is not available and there is no user manual or code is not in the glove box and the dealer close to my location is asking more Acura online code recovery is only for US of my friend said he got the code with the help of
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 12 days ago.

OK cool, I would suggest referring your question to an Acura specialist in the general automotive department who would have access to factory data presumably, they operate amidst different databases for those inquiries.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I though it is a easy process from just I think better to go with the dealer I already talked even though a payment for the code
Expert:  umdterp13 replied 11 days ago.

At times, yes. We simply don't provide access to dealer only material in every case. There are times when manufactures specify client contact. Thank you for your time and understanding.