Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Alarm key fob will lock doors and set alarm but alarm will

Customer Question

alarm key fob will lock doors and set alarm but alarm will not sound
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models there is a sensitivity setting that can be adjusted.If this is a factory alarm this is usually done with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug into your model to adjust this setting.If this is an after market alarm since there are several different kinds of these this will need looked into by an auto accessory install facility to see if they can adjust the setting.

In some cases this can be the sensors at fault not detecting the hit needing replaced but usually this is a setting adjustment that can resolve this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete