sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring that is locked up on the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler Sebring that is locked up on the engine and it will not turn over or start. The remote is an aftermarket security system made by audiovox and the remote is a 103 BP
Category: Car Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The dash is some kind of LED light on it also that is pressable but I do not know what that means whenever you press it
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There may be a failure of the alarm module, a wiring issue, it may simply need to be disarmed, or the problem may not be related to the alarm.

What happens when you press the unlock button on the fob?
What specifically is the car doing and how did you determine the problem is with the alarm?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I drive a bus for a school. 3 mechanics came and looked at it. They checked under hood (battery, alternator, starter), they all said everything else was fine. Everything works as normal and usual with key fob except the car will not start or even try to turnover.

It doesn't sound like you have an alarm issue then.

Has any actual testing been done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is an alarm issue. When the car has been bothered when the alarm is set, it shut off to the engine and everything has to be reset but I do not know how to reset it. It has done this to me before and I put the car in neutral and started it in neutral instead of Park and I pressed a green reset button on the key fob. Have you read up or looked at the audiovox 103bp remote manual. I was told that there were some kind of ways to reset the alarm system

What specific symptoms are you experiencing other than the starter not engaging that lead you to believe the problem is with the alarm?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had three mechanics look at it and they all told me there was nothing wrong with the car and they check things out under the hood, disconnected things, and reconnected things. They all said the same thing and that it was something to do with the lock out of the security system

I'm not sure if you saw my last reply. Here it is again:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess that you did not see my response earlier either. I have had three mechanics look at it. They have looked under the hood. They had looked at starter, alternator, check the battery, and all connections. Everything checks out good and I talked to a security alarm guy and he said that this type of alarm will cut the engine off if they think the car is being broken into or stolen

I've seen all of that but other than the engine not starting I do not know what symptoms you are experiencing. Is there a siren going off, lights flashing, etc.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There were lights flashing but now it just will not turn over or start or anything
Did the flashing stop when the unlock button on the key fob was pressed?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it did. Is there a way to reset the alarm with the remote. It is an audiovox 103 BP
If the lights stopped flashing when the button was pressed then it is disarmed.Are you looking to do the required electrical testing yourself?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought that is why I am paying you guys, so you can help me with the arming and disarming of the alarm?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The car has done this to me before and I just had to put the car in neutral, reset the alarm comma and then it would start while it was in neutral but that did not work this time

The alarm is disarmed. Electrical testing needs to be done to determine the cause of the no start condition. I can help if you have the necessary skills and equipment but cannot physically do the work on the vehicle myself.