Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

When I turn car on the main screen guidance by Garmin comes

Customer Question

When I turn car on the main screen ***** ***** guidance by Garmin comes up and that's it none of the buttons seem to work or can't even eject anything
Dnn9350bt
Category: Car Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the power to the Garmin (easiest is to disconnect the battery)

Wait 60 minutes, connect the power, and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have tried that now have disconnected battery supply waited hour
And still no change just comes up and flashes ***** ***** guidance by Garmin screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. It cannot read from the memory and when it goes to load the firmware it stalls, which is why it stops here.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you